TeraFlex Goodies for the Jeep JK
Oct 5, 2006
Usually, a new model 4x4 gets released and only after months of waiting do the aftermarket suppliers catch up to it. Not so with Jeep's JK Wrangler. It hit the ground running with a wide assortment of aftermarket upgrades and TeraFlex is responsible for many of those products. We recently flipped through TeraFlex's JK accessory catalogue and found some goodies that we'd put on the must-have list for new JK owners.
High on our list of recommended goodies would be:
- Gas tank skid plate. While not immediately available, it is coming soon. TeraFlex says it will be designed from 1/4" plate and will be laser cut. Should be beautiful, brutally strong, and heavy. Line up a buddy or a tall jack for the install!
- TeraFlex Rock Sliders. I've always believed it's better and cheaper to spend money on upgrades rather than repairs. Rocker armour is one of those mandatory items for anyone who is into serious four wheeling. Put the armour on NOW while your JK is brand new.
- RockGuard bumper with tire carrier. You KNOW you're going to put on bigger tires so don't trust the factory tailgate mount. Do it early and do it right by installing a proper bumper and tire carrier now, before you start stressing the tailgate with a heavy spare tire.
- The JK's long wheelbase is great for climbs and descents but it also means less ground clearance when cresting obstacles. You need more lift to deal with this problem. Personally, I'd start with something like the 4" lift or higher.
- Although you could use sway bar disconnects, I'd opt to install the JK S/T Dual Rate Swaybar System. Sway bars are useful off-road but only if they're tuned for it. TeraFlex's dual rate sway bar lets you use it for safe operation on the street, and then switch to a softer setting for operation for off-road use.
Want more information? Then have a look at Teraflex's JK Accessory Catalogue by clicking on this link: http://teraflx.com/pages/teraflex_07jkguide_web.pdf
In The News - Main Menu