Quads.ca's Trail Clean-Up Makes It Into The Newspaper
Oct 30, 2006
The local ATV website, Quads.ca, earned some much need PR publicity points for the off-road community when their upcoming trail clean-up made it into the Mission Record newspaper. The clean-up is scheduled for November 5, 2006, and will focus on the Lost Creek Forest Service Road, which is north of Sylvester Road.
Four wheelers are encouraged and welcome to attend.
Here are the details on the clean-up:
- For those who want a coffee, we are meeting at Tim Hortons in Mission
(in the industrial park) at 8:00am, Sunday Nov 5.
- For the actual clean-up, we will be meeting at the north end of Sylvester Road where the pavement
ends at 9:00. There will be a sign-in here, along with the garbage
- Lunch, hot chocolate, and pop will be provided. If people from BC4x4
are planning on attending, I'd appreciate an email ASAP (greg at quads
dot ca) so we know how much food to pack. At present we are planning
for about 50 people.
- Bring: work gloves, garbage bags, snacks, water, rain gear, suitable
footwear, camera, FRS/GMRS radio (Ch-16, no tone). Bring a metal rake if
you have one.
- ATVs will be used to access smaller/rougher trails. If there are any
"built" 4x4's present they could do the same.
- We will be leaving our full garbage bags at the side of the main road(s)
for the pickup trucks to collect.
- Large metal items such as washing machines and cars located over/down
embankments will be winched up by the RCMP 4x4's. Vehicles and scrap
metal will be hauled away by Reliable Towing.
- We will be splitting into work teams to avoid duplication of effort.
- There will be an info sheet handed out at registration.
- NO ALCOHOL PERMITTED.
You can read the full article in the Mission Record by clicking here.
In The News - Main Menu