2008 EarthRoamer XV-JP Jeep JK Expedition Vehicle
Jul 27, 2007
Looking at the latest creation from Earthroamer is a sure-fire way to end up daydreaming about that big expedition to South America you're planning on doing "some day." The Earthroamer XV-JP is a fantasy vehicle in the flesh, er, metal and rubber.
EarthRoamer is a company known for building off-road worthy full-size expedition vehicles that provide all of the comforts a hardcore backcountry explorer could want. They have now directed their attention to the Jeep JK Unlimited platform. JK? How is that possible? Well they have done it with their Earthroamer XV-JP and we have to say that the creative thinking involved with the design of this vehicle is truly impressive. It's one thing to work with the size available on a 1-ton Dodge platform, and quite another when looking at the limited space of a Jeep JK. While the concept of off-road expedition vehicles is not new we believe the level of refinement and "dial-in" that EarthRoamer has achieved is unparalleled. Check out the specs and some pics while we sit here at our office desk and daydream of a deserted beach on the Baja Peninsula.
EarthRoamer XV-JP highlights:
- Composite sandwich construction body for high strength-to-weight ratio
- Electric motor-powered LoftopT opens to provide nine feet of interior stand-up height, a queen size bed and a combination tent/screen room under the rear of the LoftopT.
- Interchangeable skins let you customize your rig for different weather conditions and are available in all-season, extreme cold weather, and high temperature radiant barrier designs.
- A forced air furnace, electric fan ventilation and large windows with built in screens and sunshades will keep you comfortable year round.
- Engine-heated hot water tank and a large fresh water supply provide plenty of hot and cold water to the indoor galley and shower.
- An inside cassette toilet with externally-accessible cassette provides and elegant solution to waste management.
- Ultra efficient chest refrigerator/freezer utilizes cold plate technology to keep a large supply of food and beverages cold.
- A large solar panel and battery bank provides power to spare.
- In-dash navigation system/AV system with upgraded amp and speakers.
- Off road lights, air compressor, winch and winch bumper and upgraded suspension.
See their website for more information: www.earthroamer.com.
In The News - Main Menu