Superlift's 2008 Ford Super Duty Suspension Systems Available in 2"-10" Heights
Jul 10, 2008
Caster correction is the key to successfully lifting front-coil Super Dutys. Ford's radius-arm front suspension loses about 3 degrees of caster for every 2" of lift. Unless caster is restored to factory spec, a lifted 4WD Super Duty will suffer shoddy steering and handling.
Superlift's new 2008 Super Duty 4x4 kits use many proven-effective solutions from the 2005-07 systems, including innovative Caster Brackets and an optional 4-Link Conversion; new for 2008 models are available alignment cams. Here's an overview of the new Super Duty systems:
- The 2" kit use gas- or diesel-specific coil springs with a choice of optional Caster Brackets or new alignment cam bushings. Rear options are 1.5" blocks or a 2" add-a-leaf kit.
- A 2.5" Level-It system employs coil spacers and is the most economical way to fit 33" tires. Optional caster correction and rear-raising parts are the same as the 2" spring lift.
- For the 4" and 6" systems, Superlift includes engine-specific coil springs, radius-arm lowering brackets, compression-stop brackets, Bulletproof front brake hoses (6" only) and extended swaybar links. These kits also include a track bar relocation bracket to prevent yaw and roll. The 6" system includes a dropped pitman arm that's designed to minimize steering effort. Rear leveling is accomplished with blocks and add-a-leafs. A 4-Link Conversion is optional for both systems. The 4" kit clears up to 35" tires; the 6" system fits 36s.
- Moving up, the 8" system has the same major components as the 6" kit, sized as necessary. Caster Brackets and drop brackets correct the OE radius arms' geometry, or the optional 4-Link Conversion can be substituted. Replacement rear springs -- which delete the factory overload leafs -- are available. The optional Superlift Rear Load Assist System, which uses a hollow rubber cushion in place of the OE overload leafs, can be added to restore full load-carrying capacity. Most 38" tires will fit with this kit.
- For the 10" system, caster correction is achieved with the 4-Link Conversion in the front. An available high-angle CV front driveshaft is also required. Rear lift is via replacement springs and 2" blocks. The Rear Load Assist System is optional. This system accommodates 40" tires.
All complete systems include Superide shock absorbers; SS montotube shocks by Bilstein and SSR monotubes with remote reservoirs are available upgrades. Other options include replacement rear leafpacks in 3", 5" and 7" heights; single and dual steering stabilizers; a front dual-shock system; Torque Max traction bars; a stainless steel skidplate and eXtreme Ring diff cover protectors. All Superlift products are backed by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
For more information, see your nearest authorized dealer or call 800/551-4955 to speak with one of our sales and tech support staff or contact Superlift Suspension Systems, 300 Huey Lenard Loop Rd., West Monroe, LA 71292, 800/551-4955 toll-free, 318/397-3040 fax, www.superlift.com.
In The News - Main Menu