Cornay's New CVX-30 Constant Velocity Joint Offers Highest Performance In Its Class
Nov 20, 2008
There's a brand new Series 1350 CV joint in town — the all-new-from-Cornay Company CVX-30.
That's right — 30-degree constant velocity capability, almost three times the angle of operation of competitive double cardan products. It also happens to be the most technically advanced CV joint, featuring a ring-type bearing housing and sealed needle roller bearings.
Cornay Company has overcome engineering design compromises associated with the limitations of traditional products. As a result, Cornay products stretch the capabilities of nearly any transportation and industrial power transmission system.
The complete driveline now available from Cornay Company includes the Cornay driveshaft and CVX-30, which work perfectly together under a wide variety of on-highway and extreme off-road conditions.
In test after rigorous test, this tough assembly delivered smooth, quiet operation in off-road situations that required high angles, high speed, high torque and long life.
The CVX-30 (designed to replace a Spicer 1350 double cardan CV joint) affords major performance advantages in areas where ordinary universal and CV joints are prone to premature failure, vibration, overheating and numerous other design problems.
Here are just some of the exclusive features and benefits of the CVX-30:
- Improved Performance: The CVX-30 far surpasses double cardan joint technology when operated at angles over 12 degrees.
- Unique Patented Centering Device: The CVX-30 performs at true constant velocity at all joint angles. By contrast, double cardan joints achieve constant velocity within a smaller range, typically 8 to 10 degrees.
- Reduced Vibration: The concentrated mass of the connecting member, balance of the concentric design and characteristics of the internal support mechanism combine to significantly reduce vibration.
- Increased Durability: Thanks to the ring-type bearing housing's superior heat transfer, bearings run cooler at high angles.
- Longer Product Life: The sealed internal support mechanism prolongs the life of joint components.
- Revolutionary Bootless Design: The most common problem with other manufacturers' CV joints is damage or wear to the protective boot. Grease leaks out and the moisture and dirt migrate in, eventually causing the CV joint to fail. The CVX-30's bootless design eliminates this problem, adding to the effective life of the joint.
The Cornay driveline is available from Cornay Company at www.cornay.com or through select distributors.
Cornay Company, based in Longmont, Colo., has established a reputation for providing impressive solutions to the toughest power transfer problems. The company designs and manufactures constant velocity joints and drive shafts. Its patented Cornay CV Joint is outperforming other products in automotive aftermarket, defense, construction, agricultural, marine and industrial applications. Information can be obtained at the company website at www.cornay.com.
In The News - Main Menu