ARB Introduces a New Snorkel for Jeep JKs
Jan 9, 2010
Jeep JK owners you can sleep easy now, no longer will you have to suffer the night sweats induced from continual motor hydrolock nightmares. ARB has come to your rescue with an all new snorkel. Of course the main virtue of a snorkel is its ability to reduce the chances of your motor ingesting water by raising the intake position by about 28" but it also can keep your filter cleaner in heavy dust conditions. The theory is that by raising the intake heavy dust kicked up by your tires will have a less likely chance of making it to your air filter. And finally as if you needed any other reasons to want to purchase a snorkel ARB is claiming the possibility of improved performance and fuel economy because of the cool, clean, higher density air delivered by this intake. There really isn't much more that can be said about this other than they are available now and here are the product features.
It's not a Jeep, but this photo of a Toyota shows how the snorkel can help in dusty conditions.
- UV stable crosslinked polyethylene body for the ultimate in strength
- High flow air ducting & body ensures air supply in excess of engine requirements
- Each component is designed for maximum dust & water sealing
- Stainless steel & plated hardware for corrosion resistance
- Fully compatible with optional 7" or 10" precleaners - most models
- Unique evacuation system effectively disperses rain and unwanted moisture
- Completely Australian designed & manufactured
In The News - Main Menu